The HHN – Study future topics, shape the future
HHN’s 8,200 students make it one of Baden-Württemberg’s largest universities for applied sciences. Its focus is on technology, economics and IT. Four campuses in Heilbronn, Heilbronn-Sontheim, Künzelsau and Schwäbisch Hall offer over 50 Bachelor’s and Master’s programs geared towards the future. But no one is just a number here: teaching and learning occurs in small groups. Whether you want to enroll for full-time studies, studies with in-depth practical elements (a model that combines theory and practice), cooperative studies (vocational training plus studies), or study while already working in a job – we have the right program for everyone.
HHN is a university for applied sciences, which means that research features prominently. Whether it’s artificial intelligence or virtual reality, HHN engages in intense and cross-disciplinary research into socially relevant topics such as autonomous cars or man-machine interaction for Industry 4.0.
HHN stands for an education geared towards the future and cooperates closely with corporate world-leaders in our region. Our students benefit from this by building their network even while they study: a placement for their practical semester or a seamless transition into a job – all this is basically guaranteed.
- Broad range of programs with more than 50 Bachelor’s and Master’s courses.
- Strong position in research.
- Generous campus with facilities for sports or just taking a walk in between lectures.
- Excellent, state-of-the-art teaching.
- Always close to practical application of what is being studied.
- Close relationships to and cooperation with companies.
- Intensive research in real laboratories.
- Intimate study atmosphere, small groups.
- Lecturers and professors with practical experience.
- Many student organizations, such as HHN Racing e.V., a formula student team which over the course of one year designs and build their own racecar and then participate in an international competition.
- Bike sharing on campus.
- The job and accommodation database of the “Verfasste Studierendenschaft“ is a great help in finding a room/job.
- Our Founders’ Centre offers support for students considering starting their own business.
- Opportunities to join a choir or a band.
- Broad range of sports programs, from football to dance.
- Opportunities to participate in various sports events such as the Trolling Marathon.
- Cool campus parties and events
- The Educational Campus / Bildungscampus has a “Room of Silence“ for students to find downtime.
- More than 200 partnering universities abroad.
- Diverse extra-curricular offers for further education in interdisciplinary lectures offered in the “Studium Generale“.
- Family counseling services for confidential advice and support.
- Personal guidance on matters of learning and competences as part of the central study guidance services
Studying for the future so you can shape it
Which topics incite your passion – the environment? Modern mobility?
At HHN you do not “just“ study a topic, you make things happen. Our study programs are geared towards the future, our lecturers have practical experiences, and with that and the ongoing and intensive research at HHN you are always at the top of the curve and benefit from modern and strong teaching. Whether you are passionate about mobility, logistics or sustainability – at HHN you can plot the route to your personal success.
Our programs can be clustered in various future-oriented topics: digital worlds, health, Industry 4.0, logistics, mobility, tourism, sustainability & environment and corporate governance. Studying at HHN enables you to help shape these areas while choosing your own particular niche, depending on the program but always with a focus on computer sciences / IT, economics or technology.
For example, if you choose “mobility“, you can participate in developing vehicles or, in one of the economics programs, design efficient mobility concepts.
Access all HHN programs here:
The “Bildungscampus“ (Education Campus): Business Management at HHN
An environment to entice clear thinking – light wood, lots of glass, seminar rooms flooded with light. In the two faculties Economics/Business Management & Traffic / Trade and International Business, 3,300 students currently pursue their education in HHN’s generous, hyper-modern facilities on the Bildungscampus. They can enroll in any of the 9 Bachelor’ programs based around business management: Business Management & Corporate Governance, Hotel & Restaurant Management, International Business Management & Intercultural Studies, Tourism Management, Business Administration & Traffic and Transportation, Business Administration & Traffic and Logistics, Wine Marketing and Management, and Business Informatics. In addition to this, there is also the Bachelor’s program Business Management that can be taken as cooperative studies alongside full-time employment.
Students who wish to pursue Master’s studies can choose between Management of Transport and Logistics, Corporate Governance/Business Management, Sustainable Tourism Development or Business Informatics – Information Management and Data Science.
HHN offers three cooperative study programs: Corporate Governance, International Automotive Management and Business Informatics – Digital Transformation. The two English-language programs International Business & Intercultural Management and International Tourism Management completes the offer of HHN’s Master’s programs.
More information available at: